Amtrak store at CUS is open again?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ought to sell surplus train items as collectibles....things like diner china, diner flatware, diner ..... (see where I'm going with this?)
default_tongue.png

Ok, I noticed this last month when I was at CUS and then again today. It’s located on the food court across from Nuts on Clark. Anyone have any idea what’s going on there? My contact in Philadelphia doesn’t have a clue about it.

IMG_0505.JPG

I'd be happy if it was, but since it doesn't say specifically "Amtrak Store" it could just be a notice (from Amtrak) that a store is opening in that space. Similar to what you see in malls all the time. 

I'd be happy if it was, but since it doesn't say specifically "Amtrak Store" it could just be a notice (from Amtrak) that a store is opening in that space. Similar to what you see in malls all the time. 
That would make sense but when new store fronts open at CUS they usually have the business name posted while under construction (i.e. Starbucks). I have submitted another email to my contact to see if he’s heard anything further or at all.

That would make sense but when new store fronts open at CUS they usually have the business name posted while under construction (i.e. Starbucks). I have submitted another email to my contact to see if he’s heard anything further or at all.
He got back to me stating it’s not a merchandise store. We’ll see then. I’ll be back in June.

This is what I’m leaning towards. Especially since the current leadership at Amtrak isn’t really “buff friendly”. Example being the current head absolutely refusing to talk to magazines such as Railway Age, Trains, etc.

I remember not that long ago when the CCC car contained a display case full of Amtrak promotional and collectible items for sale. There were mugs T -shirts and other things. I believe all of those display cases have since been removed. If Amtrak wants to continue to offer those promotional items they can license the name to a third party and work on a royalty basis.

Back