Amtrak station layouts?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Jeff

Service Attendant
I'm looking for maps showing the layout of Amtrak's busiest stations (NY Penn, Chicago and Washington). I'm surprised that Amtrak doesn't post them on its website, and I coulda sworn that they were posted here on one point. My wife and son will be taking the LSL/CZ from NYP to EMY and then return on the CZ/CL, so I would like to let them know where the first class lounges are in each station.

I'm looking for maps showing the layout of Amtrak's busiest stations (NY Penn, Chicago and Washington). I'm surprised that Amtrak doesn't post them on its website, and I coulda sworn that they were posted here on one point. My wife and son will be taking the LSL/CZ from NYP to EMY and then return on the CZ/CL, so I would like to let them know where the first class lounges are in each station.
CUS layout is shown on page 2 of this PDF FILE.

The main entrance to Penn Station is located on 7th Avenue between 31st and 33rd Streets. There are also entrances via subway stations on 34th Street and 7th Avenue and on 34th Street and 8th Avenue.

Learn the layout of Penn Station before your trip and skip any undue travel stress.

Penn Station has two levels. The upper level is right below the street and the lower level is further down. Both are accessible by elevators, escalators and stairs.

On the upper level travelers can find the New Jersey Transit and Amtrak tracks and ticket booths.

The lower level houses the Long Island Rail Road tracks and ticket stations, as well as the 1/2/3 and A/C/E subway lines. Fast food restaurants, delis, and concession stands line the central corridor of the lower level if you’re looking to snag your morning bagel or cup of coffee.

NYP Layout link

The CA at NYP is located next to the stairs for (IIRC) track 9W (near the ticket windows). In WAS, the CA is in the center of the waiting room - behind the information desk. (IN NYP and WAS, ring the doorbell for admittance!) In CHI, the Metropolitan Lounge is behind the Amtrak information desk. The "main" (coach) waiting area is to the right - while the Metropolitan Lounge is to your left thru the double sliding doors!

Jersey Jeff,

Make sure to explain to them that NYP has that large waiting area with the curtain around it in the middle of the platform for coach passengers, but the first class lounge is through a doorway on one of the outer walls. Sorry, I can't be more specific, but I got confused last time I was there and almost went to the wrong place.

Thank you. My wife used to commute to work through Penn Station every day, so we know the place very well EXCEPT the location of Club Acela.

Her NJT train will arrive an hour before the departure of #49 tomorrow, so she will have some time to prepare for her journey in the CA.

If anyone has a map of Washington Union Station, please link it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Amtrak's website and pull up the screen to order publications. Request Arrive. It, to the best of my recollection, has schematics of the Acela Clubs in BOS, NYP, PHL and WAS.

Best regards,

Rodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back