Amtrak Service Standards Manual Ver 9

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRice

Train Attendant
Does anyone know where I can access a copy of the Amtrak Service Standards Manual version 9? I need to verify I can book 4 in a bedroom (non-berth service) from nol to nbn before I call an agent to book the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was allowed in version 8, I don't have a current version, not likely to have changed, There are some actual obs and very clued in folks on this board that can confirm. Also, there is a very recent thread you should look at that covers some of the ways to do this booking including use of "open sleeper" tickets for part of the entorage that may be helpful.

I'm sure an actual Amtrak employee who receives the latest manuals and updates will verify that it is an allowable booking. If no one answers this inquiry on a timely basis, read the previous thread to gain an understanding of the "open sleeper" ticket if it is appropriate for your party, and if the agent you speak to struggles with your request, ask to speak to a supervisor. It is a valid booking unless something major has changed, and when that happens, bulletins are usually posted on the website., While JEBR is correct that FOIA request would be valid for this document, you will probably be home from the trip for months before it is handled.

Just consulted with my book. 4 adults are allowed in the Superliner family room, bedrooms, or Viewliner accessible room. It is not allowed in a roomette or Superliner accessible room.

Just consulted with my book. 4 adults are allowed in the Superliner family room, bedrooms, or Viewliner accessible room. It is not allowed in a roomette or Superliner accessible room.
I consulted my book as well. Unfortunately, I pressed "2" for Spanish by mistake and I don't speak Spanish.* Por lo tanto , no tengo ni idea de si se permiten 4 adultos en una habitación superliner ya que no podía entender lo que decían !*

*Google es mi amigo... demasiado malo que no estaba en cuando hice la llamada! ^_^

What is this, random posters show up again day?
default_biggrin.png

Think that mine is v9, I'll shoot it to you.

Back