Amtrak Riverside Call Center to Close - Jan 2019

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 Olivia Irvin, a spokeswoman for Amtrak, said in an email the service appreciates the elected officials’ input and planned to respond to the letters. But Amtrack does not plan to change its plans to close the facility Jan. 18, she wrote.
I’m sorry, but “Amtrack”? Come on.

I can't wait to see the details...but I'll have to.

Amtrak, union have deal on relocation or separation of Riverside workers

https://www.pe.com/2018/12/21/amtrak-union-have-deal-on-relocation-or-separation-of-riverside-workers/

“This new agreement will help make sure that all union Riverside employees will have a broad range of options to help them meet their individual needs,” Amtrak spokesperson Olivia Irvin wrote in an email. “The agreement includes full-time employment opportunities with Amtrak in Philadelphia, and more substantial allowances for relocation or voluntary separation.”

Now, how much longer until Philadelphia is snowed in or has some similar disruption and Amtrak argues that its function needs to be "geographically dispersed" to multiple non-union outsourced providers, some of which are likely to be in India?

Back