Amtrak replacing 2 northeast regional trains with Palmetto??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is permanent.....until they change it. :giggle: The cafe is on the rear against business class these days. That is also permanent...until they change it. :help:

Name one relevant stop between NJ and Savannah that is worth stopping at that isn't served by another train at a reasonable hour.
Well, Charleston for one. Metro of about 728,000 people. Assuming "relevant" means major city/metro area. Although dismissing small cities/metro areas as "irrelevant" is rather offensive.
I don't know how large Florence SC and Fayetteville NC are, but every time I've ridden the Palmetto, there are a lot of passengers waiting to board, maybe almost as many as at Charleston.

I use Florence a lot. It pulls the Columbia market as it is a much easier drive then Charleston. And the stations in a better neighborhood. And Fayetteville pulls the Wilmington market probably.

It is permanent.....until they change it. :giggle: The cafe is on the rear against business class these days. That is also permanent...until they change it. :help:
That it is.. Saw 90 go by me last night while I was on the Conrail Shared Delair Branch. It's an odd looking consist with the Amcan I's and then the II's and cafe and then Biz Class car followed by the new VL bag.

With this going on, is there a particular reason why the baggage car is on the rear rather than up front like it generally is?

It checked the booking. It looks like you can also check a bike on 89/90 between Washington and New York. This might be helpful to some riders who want to bring their bikes with them.

Saw the pictures of the palmetto wreck today and noticed it still has the longer combined consist. How long will this long consist remain?

(Also hope everyone injured recovers and sad for those workers who died)

Saw the pictures of the palmetto wreck today and noticed it still has the longer combined consist. How long will this long consist remain?

(Also hope everyone injured recovers and sad for those workers who died)
Here:

90 has always been problematic but it has taken on new levels this summer. Its OTP performance has been hindered not only by trackwork but by the heat restrictions. As such, they've been running the three add on cars as independent train 1090 if the train is over an hour late north of RMT. That means an additional crew, an additional locomotive, a loss of business class revenue for the corridor and the loss of any café revenue over the corridor. They aren't even allowing the sale of the through seats on 90, which reduces capacity.

198 is looking good right about now.

Back