Amtrak more expensive than flying?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The comparison was hypothetical. Yes I do book early and I am using points for the SWC (The main reason for the trip). I used the September flight because the airline wont make reservations as far ahead as AMTRAK. I chose refundable because AMTRAK issues refunds (less 10% for sleepers) or full value e-vouchers. Airlines usually soak you for any changes. I was trying to compare apples to apples. :cool:

The comparison was hypothetical. Yes I do book early and I am using points for the SWC (The main reason for the trip). I used the September flight because the airline wont make reservations as far ahead as AMTRAK. I chose refundable because AMTRAK issues refunds (less 10% for sleepers) or full value e-vouchers. Airlines usually soak you for any changes. I was trying to compare apples to apples. :cool:
I have to say, if I were really to compare flying with an Amtrak Sleeper as closely as possible, I would compare First Class, but F is really a waste on domestic flights that don't need the extra comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back