Amtrak Mastercard on Chase site seemed to disappear.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JATX

Train Attendant
I just got approved for the Amtrak Chase card, but now I can not find the reward card on Chase's website. Are they not taking anymore applications? I call Chase tonight and they said my card was in the mail, so I guess it will be active? I don't see a link on AGR site either.

I am just curious if anyone knows anything.

Thanks

JATX

I just got approved for the Amtrak Chase card, but now I can not find the reward card on Chase's website. Are they not taking anymore applications? I call Chase tonight and they said my card was in the mail, so I guess it will be active? I don't see a link on AGR site either.

Thanks

JATX
I'm pretty sure I couldn't see my account until I activated my card.

Thanks

JATX
I'm pretty sure I couldn't see my account until I activated my card.
Hi Sarah,

That part I understand, but when you go to the link https://creditcards.chase.com/lp/amtrak I get a 404 page. Same with all links from Amtrak card to chase.Also, when you go to chase to see the cards they offer Amtrak is not there. Maybe Ryan is correct and they are going to a Visa card.

I guess I will find out soon.

JATX

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on the AGR home page, but the link takes you to the points for shopping portal:

attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 9.05.33 PM.png

No sign of it on the Chase site. Maybe it's out while being converted to a Visa.
Hi RyanS.

I can't see the link. It says I do not have permission.

Thanks

JATX

Never had a problem like this. 404?

Time to email AGR, Chase, your ISP and your OS vendor.

What you report seems unlikely, but totally plausible - sorry no better help here.

Hope you and your service providers get this sorted.

This from me, a 20-year tech support person who has zero clue about your specific problem, but I do know that sometimes ultra-strange idiocies happen.

Good luck, and best wishes

It's on the AGR home page, but the link takes you to the points for shopping portal:

No sign of it on the Chase site. Maybe it's out while being converted to a Visa.
That bad link on the AGR site has been there for a while. I even advised our old friend, AGR Insider, about the credit card link going to the shopping portal, but nothing changed.

Interesting, it doesn't appear on Chase's rewards credit card lineup either.

I received an e-mail from Chase this week informing me that since my World AGR MC will expire in May, I will be receiving a New Card with the Embedded Chip.

It didn't say whether it would be a MC or a VISA, and had no info about fees, interest, AGR Affiliation etc.

Wonder if AGR and Chase have negotiated a new agreement?

With my usual horrible timing, I applied and was approved for a card last Saturday, when the link was still working. Will be curious to see what I get, when I get it, and what the terms are. If there is a conversion to Visa, I would rather have it happen now as opposed to getting an MC and then getting a Visa with another number a couple of months down the road. But if the terms are not as good, or the new user bonuses get "lost" in the conversion, that would not be a positive step. We'll see.

Chase seems to be moving away from Mastercard. My Sapphire Preferred used to be MC and they changed it to Visa a while back. Since Sam's Club does not take Visa, I use my AGR MC there. If they change to Visa I will be upset.

I hope they don't plan to start charging an annual fee. But I wouldn't be surprised since there don't seem to be many rewards cards left without annual fee.

With my usual horrible timing, I applied and was approved for a card last Saturday, when the link was still working. Will be curious to see what I get, when I get it, and what the terms are. If there is a conversion to Visa, I would rather have it happen now as opposed to getting an MC and then getting a Visa with another number a couple of months down the road. But if the terms are not as good, or the new user bonuses get "lost" in the conversion, that would not be a positive step. We'll see.
Mine just came today as a Mastercard, so I'll update my post if anything changes.

You are right, the AGR card no longer shows up. Actually if Chase converts the card to Visa, there might be a possibility here to earn another sign up bonus through Chase. If another bank takes on the card, then will definitely be able to earn another sign up bonus.

I received an e-mail from Chase this week informing me that since my World AGR MC will expire in May, I will be receiving a New Card with the Embedded Chip.

It didn't say whether it would be a MC or a VISA, and had no info about fees, interest, AGR Affiliation etc.

I've got two more years to go on my AGR World card...we'll see what happens with that.

Chase seems to be moving away from Mastercard. My Sapphire Preferred used to be MC and they changed it to Visa a while back. Since Sam's Club does not take Visa, I use my AGR MC there. If they change to Visa I will be upset.

I hope they don't plan to start charging an annual fee. But I wouldn't be surprised since there don't seem to be many rewards cards left without annual fee.
WIth the Visa / COSTCO agreement there will be more card issuers going to convert their products into VISA, trying to get in a part of the action.

You hope they do, and hope the new agreement will fix all the problems listed here:

1. Include elite status. Many cards out there offer elite status with their co-branded credit card, including the Hyatt Visa (Platinum) and Citi Hilton Reserve (Gold). Amtrak’s lowest level of status, Select, doesn’t offer a boatload of benefits, but the 25% earning bonus and priority customer service line would be a nice deal sweetener that could convince a somewhat regular Amtrak traveler to open the card.
  2. Up the Amtrak earning ratio to at least 3 points/dollar. Right now, the math just doesn’t make sense. There’s no incentive to earn 2 Guest Rewards points/dollar when I can earn 2 Ultimate Rewards points/dollar and then convert them into Guest Rewards points when it suits me. If they upped the earning ratio to 3 points/$ (like Chase offers with their Hyatt Visa card) or even 5 points/$ (like the Marriott Rewards Premier card), this would make the card much more attractive for potential applicants.

You hope they do, and hope the new agreement will fix all the problems listed here:

• Include elite status. Many cards out there offer elite status with their co-branded credit card, including the Hyatt Visa (Platinum) and Citi Hilton Reserve (Gold). Amtrak’s lowest level of status, Select, doesn’t offer a boatload of benefits, but the 25% earning bonus and priority customer service line would be a nice deal sweetener that could convince a somewhat regular Amtrak traveler to open the card.
  • Up the Amtrak earning ratio to at least 3 points/dollar. Right now, the math just doesn’t make sense. There’s no incentive to earn 2 Guest Rewards points/dollar when I can earn 2 Ultimate Rewards points/dollar and then convert them into Guest Rewards points when it suits me. If they upped the earning ratio to 3 points/$ (like Chase offers with their Hyatt Visa card) or even 5 points/$ (like the Marriott Rewards Premier card), this would make the card much more attractive for potential applicants.
I hope so, it's no secret that my AGR card sits idle in my wallet while my CSP card gets all of the use. Chase doesn't care about this, but AGR would probably want to make it more compelling for me to use their card.

Based on all this chatter, I checked myself and also saw that all the application links have disappeared or been disabled. After googling the phrase "chase amtrak credit card discontinued" and see all the speculation that Chase and Amtrak have terminated their relationship I called the AGR customer service line. The rep I spoke with confirmed that Chase and Amtrak we're going their separate ways and that Amtrak was negotiating new credit card deal with another issuer. no word on Visa Vs MasterCard. BTW...as of today at least it was still possible to covert Chase Ultinate Reward points to AGR points 1:1.

Aside from the fact that your slur against AGR reps is both unnecessary and tedious, I am fairly confident that she is correct. Her comments were based on internal email that had been forwarded to customer service reps. I think I will stick with the reps on this one, RyanS.

Back