Amtrak is now in the Hotel and Car Rental Reservation Business

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this has been reported before but on the new AGR site; I just noticed that Amtrak Guest Rewards is now in the Hotel and Car Rental reservation business. At first glance it looks like they offer competitive deals but they seem to be staying away from Choice and Wyndham Hotels that have their own ad in the earn section. Seems like a good way to earn a few hundred extra points and perhaps have a better chance of having them posted. Anyone use this as yet?

I used it to book a few nights recently and netted about 9k points as I hit a promotion just right.

At check in the desk informed me by reservation had been “paid through Expedia”, so apparently that’s what they’ve white labeled.

Good way to bank some points, though.

I can tell you that the 1-800 call center and Amtrak.com have had this feature available for some time. But I also believe that the call center discontinued offering callers call rental services through a third party. Keep in mind that AGR members have been able to redeem points for car rentals and certain hotels.

Back