Amtrak from Montreal to Seattle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montrealer

My husband and I are considering taking the train from Montreal to Seattle. We have ridden the train from Seattle to LA and enjoyed that trip. This would be longer with two changes from the Adirondack to the Lakeshore Limited to the Empire Builder. It is much cheaper to go on Amtrack than Via through Canada. Is this a feasible trip? would the train changes be easy? We would have a roomette where available and time isn't an issue. Is it better to go east to west or west to east for the views or do delays make this a moot point?

My husband and I are considering taking the train from Montreal to Seattle. We have ridden the train from Seattle to LA and enjoyed that trip. This would be longer with two changes from the Adirondack to the Lakeshore Limited to the Empire Builder. It is much cheaper to go on Amtrack than Via through Canada. Is this a feasible trip? would the train changes be easy? We would have a roomette where available and time isn't an issue. Is it better to go east to west or west to east for the views or do delays make this a moot point?
Hard to predict delays of course, but eastbound on the Empire Builder gives you a better chance of seeing Glacier National park in daylight.

Hard to predict delays of course, but eastbound on the Empire Builder gives you a better chance of seeing Glacier National park in daylight.
It may be cheaper to take AMTRAK, but I'd spend the money for VIA Blue & Silver service. Nothing in North American rail travel beats sitting in the dome of a Park Car and watching the scenery, and enjoying an actual chef prepared gourmet meal vs a convection oven heated item served on AMTRAK. Spend the money. You WONT regret it.

David

Seattle

I concur. Given the large delays (up to 3 hours now) on the Westbound EBs in eastern MT now, it is indeed the westbound EB that should provide you with wonderful views of Glacier in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back