Amtrak Executive Salaries

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

had8ley

Engineer
Two short questions; 1, What are the salaries of top Amtrak officials? 2, Are they receiving bonuses for their performance? I would hope that it doesn't take a Freedom of Information request to obtain this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two short questions; 1, What are the salaries of top Amtrak officials? 2, Are they receiving bonuses for their performance? I would hope that it doesn't take a Freedom of Information request to obtain this information.
Not sure that they are subject to FOIA. They receive federal and state subsidies, but are they a governmental entity?

I had thought that their annual report or financial statements would have an executive compensation schedule. Those documents are here:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServe...62&ssid=161

I may have passed over that data but in a quick read of the 2007 reports, I did not find what you were looking for.

alex kummant, when he was ceo, was hired at $350,000 a year (a good return on his $1000 contribution to bush/cheney). don't know about bonuses
Compare that to even regional airlines' CEO salaries and that was a bargain for Amtrak. Maybe it was a "get what you paid for" scenario...

The Boston Hearld (the second largest newspaper around here, I believe) has a public database somewhere of Massachusetts state employee salaries, and they had to go through the FOIA process to get that information.

Thanks for all the help fellow posters. If you look at the site for Amtrak's FOIA info it states that the requester must pay for certain information. I wonder just who sets the prices if it is indeed information that Amtrak would rather not divulge? And the beat goes on...

I went to a media freedom of information meeting and there a definite rules and regulations regarding fees charged. They cannot charge you for employees time. They can charge you for the paper they print the information on, which would probably be about 2 cents. They have to reply within a certain period of time. And the list goes on.

FOIA can cost as much as 25 to 30 cents a page. I know thats what NJTransit charges for stuff, anyway.

They're supposed to charge only what the cost of the paper is. And the toner if they really want to push it. It couldn't possibly cost 25 to 30 cents, but I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of reporting them for that.
Plus add in, the $350,000 salary to someone to stand at the copier pressing the big green button. :D

When dealing with the IRS FOIA there were usually a certain amount of copies at no charge and then a charge after that. Definitely follow the requirements to get what you need.

They're supposed to charge only what the cost of the paper is. And the toner if they really want to push it. It couldn't possibly cost 25 to 30 cents, but I doubt anyone would go through the trouble of reporting them for that.
Plus add in, the $350,000 salary to someone to stand at the copier pressing the big green button. :D
They're not allowed to charge you for anyone's salary. Only for material such as paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back