Amtrak 50 (23) Service Disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Iron

Conductor
The Cardinal is shown 8:28 min late and has been sitting West of Cincy for quite some time. Anybody know what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck behind a nearly 2-mile-long CSX freight with three broken knuckles, I'm advised.
Prescision Railroading fails. This isn’t the first time that a 2 mile train had multiple broken knucks.

Hope there is a friendly dispatcher in the holiday spirit to get 50 around so maybe it can make a little of that lost time up.
Not likely going to make up much of that 8 and a Half hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Hope the EHH insanity finds a resting plane in peace with EHH before it manages to drag all of CSX to the same place with itself. [emoji57]

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck behind a nearly 2-mile-long CSX freight with three broken knuckles, I'm advised.
Prescision Railroading fails. This isn’t the first time that a 2 mile train had multiple broken knucks.

Hope there is a friendly dispatcher in the holiday spirit to get 50 around so maybe it can make a little of that lost time up.
Not likely going to make up much of that 8 and a Half hours.

On "Precision Railroading", the general idea isn't flawed...it's when the idea is, in turn, coupled with overstretched maintenance budgets and the like that you have a problem. Some of ATSF's old operations could run on a very tight and reliable timetable, but that's because they were also coupled with the presence of some mix of a properly-funded maintenance budget, spare equipment, and presumably crews that weren't likely to die on hours.

Well, it could be worse. You could have become a bus station!
default_ohmy.png

You can turn off autocorrect on mac books. Google will tell you how

Back