Amsnag & Amtrak.com Problem

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rail Freak

Engineer
I'm trying to do my homework planning a trip, STP-PDX (Layover 1 night). Then PDX-DEN. STP-PDX went fine. Then I went back & changed the Stations & Dates for the PDX-DEN leg, but I keep getting Error Or Can't get here to there message in both Amsnag & Amtrak.com??? Any Ideas?

Last edited:
I'm trying to do my homework planning a trip, STP-PDX (Layover 1 night). Then PDX-DEN. STP-PDX went fine. Then I went back & changed the Stations & Dates for the PDX-DEN leg, but I keep getting Error Or Can't get here to there message in both Amsnag & Amtrak.com??? Any Ideas?
Completely exit your browser, not just close the amsnag window. That should clear the intermediate and twmporary files amsnag and amtrak use. If that fails, reboot your computer. I have had the same problems off and on as well and that fixes it.

Amtrak is doing site maintenance this morning & Amsnag says it cant retreive fare page!!!!
I rebooted again & now I'm getting the error message again!

Last edited:
Amtrak is doing site maintenance this morning & Amsnag says it cant retreive fare page!!!!
I rebooted again & now I'm getting the error message again!

If Amtrak is doing site maintenance than the data for Amsnag is probably not available.

I had been checking Amsnag for a Seattle-Chicago round trip via the CS and the CZ. When I decided to book yesterday, all of a sudden the eastbound option using the CZ didn't show up on Amsnag, but the westbound did. And when I tried to book it the eastbound option on the Amtrak website didn't work either, at least on one reservation. I had to book a Seattle-Sacramento and a Sacramento-Chicago leg separately on two different reservations. Westbound was fine; I could book Chicago-Seattle trip on the CZ and CS on one reservation.

Back