Amfleet I Interior Refresh

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past month or so, the 2 car NHV-SPG shuttles got refreshed cars, too! So if they're not all done now, they soon will be.

Probably the Amfleet last overhaul these cars get until their replacements (most likely SIemens) arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the Amfleet last overhaul these cars get until their replacements (most likely SIemens) arrive.
I'm interested to hear where you heard that replacements are coming.
I thought it was made pretty clear in the RFP that Amtrak is looking for new single-levels...

To the best of my recollection, they issued an RFI, which included potential replacements of a few different types. From the responses/submissions given by potential suppliers, they will formulate an RFP, which will likely be issued in 2019.
This is what I was looking for.
default_smile.png
Kudos.
default_smile.png

There’s a RFP out for replacement cars, isn’t there?
RFI and RFP is two different beasts IMO. RFI means that something is possible. RFP means we're looking to place an order give us your best price.
default_wink.png

To the best of my recollection, they issued an RFI, which included potential replacements of a few different types. From the responses/submissions given by potential suppliers, they will formulate an RFP, which will likely be issued in 2019.
This is what I was looking for.
default_smile.png
Kudos.
default_smile.png

There’s a RFP out for replacement cars, isn’t there?
RFI and RFP is two different beasts IMO. RFI means that something is possible. RFP means we're looking to place an order give us your best price.
default_wink.png
Recommendations for Amfleet I replacements will be made to Amtrak's Board of Directors in mid-November. Locomotive replacement recommendations will be made in "mid-October", which is probably soon if it hasn't happened already. We will likely have an idea where Amtrak is going at the end of the month when the October NGEC minutes are out, as they are being briefed on the procurements by Amtrak's Charlie King.

Back