Adjusted CA Zephyr Schedule pushed back??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtabern

Conductor
It sounds like Amtrak could be ditching the "adjusted" schedule of the California Zephyr this summer... and going back to the original schedule posted in the timetable.

I am going from CHI-EMY later this month.

When I booked the reservation last fall, we were supposed to leave CHI at 1:50pm and get in to EMY between 4-5PM (2 days later).

THEN a few weeks ago an agent called and said we'd be leaving CHI at 2:00pm and getting into EMY around 7:30pm (2 days later).

NOW, this morning, the agent said they changed it again and it was back to leaving CHI at 1:50pm and getting into EMY at between 4-5PM (2 days later).

That's so weird. I wonder if the track work was pushed back to later in the summer, or what? I typed in some random dates for like July and it still shows the adjusted schedule in effect leaving CHI at 2pm.

It sounds like Amtrak could be ditching the "adjusted" schedule of the California Zephyr this summer... and going back to the original schedule posted in the timetable.

When I booked the reservation last fall, we were supposed to leave CHI at 1:50pm and get in to EMY between 4-5PM (2 days later).

THEN a few weeks ago an agent called and said we'd be leaving CHI at 2:00pm and getting into EMY around 7:30pm (2 days later).

NOW, this morning, the agent said they changed it again and it was back to leaving CHI at 1:50pm and getting into EMY at between 4-5PM (2 days later).

That's so weird. I wonder if the track work was pushed back to later in the summer, or what? I typed in some random dates for like July and it still shows the adjusted schedule in effect leaving CHI at 2pm.

I am scheduled to depart on May 24 and I recieved a phone call last week about the schedule change into SAC. Then I looked online and it was moved back to the original times once again. I have not got a phone call yet but I suspect I will soon. Can't they make up their mind?? Also, it really doesn't matter about the arrival time since the CZ arrives late into SAC-EMY everyday anyways.

I am scheduled to depart on May 24 and I recieved a phone call last week about the schedule change into SAC. Then I looked online and it was moved back to the original times once again. I have not got a phone call yet but I suspect I will soon. Can't they make up their mind?? Also, it really doesn't matter about the arrival time since the CZ arrives late into SAC-EMY everyday anyways.
Well if indeed the start date has been pushed back, or if they aren't going to change things at all, it would be UP or perhaps a slight chance BNSF, that changed their minds. Amtrak has no real say in this matter. This supposed schedule change was done at the request of UP, not because Amtrak wanted it.

The start date will be some time in June (I forget the exact date and am too lazy to look it up) according to various sources (including NARP). Not sure the reason for it.

The start date will be some time in June (I forget the exact date and am too lazy to look it up) according to various sources (including NARP). Not sure the reason for it.

The new start date for the time table is June 13, 2007. Also, be advised that there will be a detour on the CZ route through Wyoming this summer, but the specific dates have not been released yet.

The new start date for the time table is June 13, 2007. Also, be advised that there will be a detour on the CZ route through Wyoming this summer, but the specific dates have not been released yet.

on the 13th of June I will be on the CZ ( leaving CHI on 12th) on the way to EMY. Crossing the fingers for a smooth ride...

My origin will be HERE ( some flying involved..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back