Acela Meal Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anderson

Engineer
I'm looking at taking an Acela this weekend, and one I'm looking at is the 9:50 AM from DC. Now, normally this was a 10:00 AM departure (which would mean the meal would be lunch), but the departure is pushed back (due to trackwork, I think) so it's now before 10. Does that mean this will now be a breakfast train? Or will it likely still be lunch?

I have been on trains around that time where passengers were offered breakfast (if meals were remaining) or lunch.

I'm looking at taking an Acela this weekend, and one I'm looking at is the 9:50 AM from DC. Now, normally this was a 10:00 AM departure (which would mean the meal would be lunch), but the departure is pushed back (due to trackwork, I think) so it's now before 10. Does that mean this will now be a breakfast train? Or will it likely still be lunch?
I suspect it will be lunch/dinner. Other then the moved-up WAS departure, all the other boardings heading north will be after 10am and in the lunch/dinner timeframe. I doubt they would load breakfasts just for WAS passengers due to a 10 minute technicality.

Back