Acela Express Ticket for only $59

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Viewliner said:
I might be able to convince my dad to take me, with a fare like this.
Good luck! :)

Of course you still have to pay full fare to get down to DC in the first place.

Or if you are a student the air shuttle down is always one low price even though they call it standby it's really not. Last time I went this route it cost me $75 to walk up for the shuttle. Then take the AE back. I wish I was back east to take advantage of this.

tp49 said:
Or if you are a student the air shuttle down is always one low price even though they call it standby it's really not. Last time I went this route it cost me $75 to walk up for the shuttle. Then take the AE back. I wish I was back east to take advantage of this.
Sorry Tp, Its either Amtrak (best case) or Car (not as good of a case). While I appreciate the Advice, I'd stick with a Southbound regional and Northbound AE, besides why should I give the airlines my business, they haven't done much for me. :unsure:

tp49 said:
Or if you are a student the air shuttle down is always one low price even though they call it standby it's really not.  Last time I went this route it cost me $75 to walk up for the shuttle.  Then take the AE back.  I wish I was back east to take advantage of this.
TP :eek: I can't believe you suggested "Air Shuttle", Amtrak's rival enemy, for an alternative. :lol:

Amfleet said:
tp49 said:
Or if you are a student the air shuttle down is always one low price even though they call it standby it's really not.  Last time I went this route it cost me $75 to walk up for the shuttle.  Then take the AE back.  I wish I was back east to take advantage of this.
TP :eek: I can't believe you suggested "Air Shuttle", Amtrak's rival enemy, for an alternative. :lol:
Amfleet,

When I had business in DC I would often fly down in the early morning when the lines were not terrible and take the train back in the afternoon to avoid traffic. Since I also am an airfan I tried to balance out my two favorite things :lol: It also helped me get gold medallion satus on DL for a couple of years :)

I am some what an air fan too, but only when appropriate. Like flying cross country or to Europe. I refuse to fly a distance of under 500 miles (as long as I can get to my destination by Amtrak). :)

Or you do what I do. When forced to fly somewhere I'm going to get a train ride out of it at some point damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back