A Round Trip on the Silver Meteor and a Week in FL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Viewliner....don't forget Johnny Rockets, where you can put a nickel in the slot and usually play "On The Atchison, Topeka and the Santa Fe", as I do.

I won't, theres one in a mall (Short Hills) thats a few miles away from me. As well as one in the Jersey Gardens mall. In fact, visited there (Jersey Gardens) a few weeks ago, I got an order of Chili Cheese Fries (No Onion) to go from the Johnny Rockets. My mom recently one some sort of gift thing for Johnny Rockets at one of the school fundraisers, for 2 free burgers and fries, gotta remember to use that...

Sorry about my babbling on. One more thought, one of my favorite rail memories was eating Chili Cheese Fries with my Dad in the Johnny Rockets in Washington Union Station in 1999 before returning home on the Metroliner. (This was pre-Acela, but just weeks after they announce the name "Acela" for the train, and introduced the change of the names of each class).

Amfleet, I know you are kidding, guy (tongue in cheek)--I see the smiling face.

Nope, Johnny Rockets is truly a 50's sort of place....thing about that...for you guys it is a novelty....for me it is a memory.....includng the nickel prices for the music.(not a bad memory or novelty either, that one!)

Viewliner, hang on to that memory with your dad at Washington Union Station. That is one neat food court...one neat whole station, for that matter......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back