97 Incident

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
It has been reported by an Amtrak Train Attendant that P097(01) has had a crash in Georgia, two are dead. I'm working on fiding details right now.

Just spoke with the Winter Park station attendant. He said the train had a grade crossing incident. He did not confirm any deaths, but said the train is rolling, but six hours late. Man do I feel sorry for those crews!

I was riding the #98 north bound from miami this morning on my commute back home to sebring when we passed a southbound Amtrak train around 8:30 am just north of Ft Lauderdale.

There are no scheduled trains that we are suppose to pass around that time so that must have been the #97 heading south into Miami. If that was the case it was running almost 12 hours late by that time.

Maybe this was related to the crash in Georgia. I'd be interested to hear more details.

Steve

I guess I should have signed in first before I posted. Sorry, I'm new to the forum.

Steve

I was able to get some more details on the accident. They were delayed four hours due to the crash. Then they were delayed even further by engine problems. All in all they were very late. My friend Aaron said he saw 97 go by him at Delray Beach the next morning at 07:15! That's pretty late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back