2018 Winter Park Ski Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirdrail7

Engineer
Take the Winter Park Express from Denver Union Station January 5 - March 25, 2018

If I'm not mistaken, they've added two more Friday trips.

Plan a ski day, weekend, or week and take the Amtrak Winter Park Express from Denver Union Station to the base of Winter Park Resort from January 5 - March 25, 2018. The Winter Park Express runs Saturdays and Sundays only (plus every first Friday of the season, January 5, February 2 and March 2).
At any rate, you may now make reservations. I haven't heard if there is a plan to wrap the 406 and assign it to the operation.

Didn't 406 just come East for the Downeasters?

Yes but there is plenty of time to between now and when the service commences. Assuming it takes a month to service, wrap and ship, the Downeasters can have it for 3 months before it needs to prep.

Take the Winter Park Express from Denver Union Station January 5 - March 25, 2018

If I'm not mistaken, they've added two more Friday trips.

Plan a ski day, weekend, or week and take the Amtrak Winter Park Express from Denver Union Station to the base of Winter Park Resort from January 5 - March 25, 2018. The Winter Park Express runs Saturdays and Sundays only (plus every first Friday of the season, January 5, February 2 and March 2).

The Friday trips appear to come at the expense of the Monday-holiday trips that operated in 2017.

Back