2 trains delayed by suspicious package in JAX

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
A pair of Amtrak trains were delayed and homes surrounding a rail yard were evacuated for about two hours after a suspicious package was found aboard a tanker car filled with diesel fuel, officials said.
Full story is here.

This report was confirmed by the Monday ORlando Sentinel. Both trains were held just outside of the station until about 2000, making AT about 1.5 hours late and the Sunnyset 2.5 hours late.

B51, do your observations indicate that the Sunset is running on time more than it used to, aside from obvious exceptions like the above? I realize you do not live in Orlando to see if yourself on a regular basis, but what do you hear by word of mouth?

Granted mine was a sampling of but one run, but when I rode the Limited from Jacksonville to New Orleans last month, we were actually early into NOL. :)

Trip report is coming soon.

AlanB said:
Granted mine was a sampling of but one run, but when I rode the Limited from Jacksonville to New Orleans last month, we were actually early into NOL. :)
Trip report is coming soon.
Can't wait to read it, will you be posting here as well as OTOL? :rolleyes:

Bill, just got back from a short round trip SAS-ELP-SAS on the Sunset - went out Jan 2 and back on Jan 6. Was quite surprised to see both #1 and #2 were consistently early into all stations (15 min to 45 min) and departed exactly on time as well. Yes, this was just a segment of the route, but still it is a good sign. Maybe things are looking up for the SL. By the way, crew I had contact with was first-rate both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back