Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is an exclusive occupancy agreement, it may only apply to the new segment of tracks. If there are still trackage rights associated with the tracks sold to VA...and you have CSX dispatching and maintaining the territory, it may not be as good as a deal for Virginia as it is for CSX.
Well, with the east-west tracks I suspect that's still going to be handled by BBRR, and there's no (immediate) plan to run passenger trains there. The RF&P, on the other hand, is...well, it's a mess insofar as my read is that the state gets to add lots and lots of trains...predicated on Long Bridge getting sorted, in particular.

Also, if CSX is handling dispatching I would hope they loaded in terms and conditions for what CSX was to do in terms of dispatching priority.

Yes no interference from VA avenue tunnel to ALX with 4 tracks. 2 freight 2 passenger. The bypass tack at Franconia will allow both north and southbound trains to stop at same time at the station and a freight trains to pass at same time. The siding north of ALX will allow 2 passenger trains at same time at ALX station.
That is just a thumb nail sketch.

Back