Westbound California Zephyr Denver Stop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I was in Denver about 5 or 6 years ago, the renovations at Union Station were still ongoing. Now that I understand they have been completed, does the westbound Zephyr's stop at Denver normally allow enough time for passengers to leave the train for a few minutes to check out the station. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

The last time I was in Denver about 5 or 6 years ago, the renovations at Union Station were still ongoing. Now that I understand they have been completed, does the westbound Zephyr's stop at Denver normally allow enough time for passengers to leave the train for a few minutes to check out the station. Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes. Especially if you are in a sleeper. It is my normal routine to go into the station and get coffee at “Pig Train Coffee” inside the station. Ask your sleeper attendant if you can get him anything, on one trip my sca said “I don’t need any coffee but I sure do love those macaroons they sell in there.” Can be a nice gesture.

If the train is early you have time to walk around downtown... I walked a couple blocks once. But the train was quite early that day. Just plan on being train side 15 minutes before departure.

I rode the westbound CZ last July and really liked this station. I was surprised the train actually backed into the station at this stop. The scenery from this point west was amazing.

Sorry, but I just realized I really didn’t answer your question. The train departs at 08:00 and the amount of time you have at the station will depend on how close you are on schedule with your arrival time.

Back