Is Quick Trak still around to print tickets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamj023

Lead Service Attendant
Just wondering if Quick Trak still exists to print out tickets when one uses internet to book tickets?

Fortunately my main station is Penn Station, NY but it seems like the machines have been removed from a lot of locations from what I see which is disappointing.

If you have a smartphone, they can email a ticket to you and the conductors can scan your phone or you can print it at home Southwest style.

Just wondering if Quick Trak still exists to print out tickets when one uses internet to book tickets?.
??? Whenever I make a reservation (web or phone) I get an email with a .pdf attachment that is the ticket (with that square bar-codie thing on it). Though the AT has never asked for it. They just ask "Who are you....and what time do you want dinner".

Also, for the most part the conductors (at least) have pax manifests that they can use in lieu of tickets. A last-minute ticket at a station in an area with bad cell reception might be an issue, but otherwise you should be good outside of "gate dragon" stations.

I can't even remember the last time I saw a functioning Quik-Trak machine. They used to be common but I hardly ever encounter them out here on the LDN. I would have preferred to see them updated and expanded to handle more advanced tasks like recovery booking and luggage tagging as Amtrak reduced staff and station services. Instead they were quietly removed and quickly forgotten as part of the e-ticket rollout.

Last edited:
Most of the Empire Service stations still have them. I did NYP-SDY a few weeks back, they both had them, an upgraded machine could be very useful. Adding a video link to a remote agent could also be provided which could be very helpful in weak or no cell situations, and the increasingly common unmanned station.

Back