Safety Patrol Special For 2020?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know for sure, but northbound #98 is "sold out" Thursday 1/9 and 1/16, and the return #97 is sold out on Sunday 1/12 and 1/19. Those are the only sold out Silvers over the next three months. Betting those are the safety patrol trains.

If the train will be fully chartered, they can always, with CSX approval, change the schedule later...

I've heard that there will be Safety Patrol specials north on the 9th and 16th. Four coaches were deadheaded south on 97-04. Don't know about the schedule.
Andy

I was on the Amtrak Tracker and I noticed that 98 departing Miami on 1/9 is renamed the Saftey Patrol Special. Supposedly this train skips all stops from Miami until Sebring, FL and arrives later than usual into NYC. Does anyone have any more information about this?
Heres the link to the tracker:
https://asm.transitdocs.com/train/2020/1/9/98

The Safety Patrol train boards and detrains at the Mangonia Park Tri-Rail station (just north of West Palm Beach). It doesn’t make any intermediate stops other than for crew changes/servicing.

In other words, there is no Silver Meteor today for regular passengers, apparently. I find this a very odd situation.

In other words, there is no Silver Meteor today for regular passengers, apparently. I find this a very odd situation.
The only time I found it truly absurd is when Amtrak invalidates tickets for customers who booked and paid before the Patrol Special schedule was solidified. Hard to excuse that sort of retroactive favoritism from a common carrier.

The only time I found it truly absurd is when Amtrak invalidates tickets for customers who booked and paid before the Patrol Special schedule was solidified. Hard to excuse that sort of retroactive favoritism from a common carrier.
I agree. Some cruise line’s will do the same thing, if some group charters the whole ship, after some are booked, but if they displace them, they will make it worth their while to rebook...

Back