North station Boston ticket office

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that the usual assistance services (baggage assistance etc.) that are provided at typical staffed Amtrak stations are not available at north station Boston. Is the north station ticket office an MBTA operation with access to Arrow similar to a few of the New Jersey stations and not staffed by Amtrak employees?

I noticed that the usual assistance services (baggage assistance etc.) that are provided at typical staffed Amtrak stations are not available at north station Boston. Is the north station ticket office an MBTA operation with access to Arrow similar to a few of the New Jersey stations and not staffed by Amtrak employees?

The Downeaster trains are actually services of the Northern New England Rail Passenger Authority. Amtrak is the contracted operator.

These trains do not offer checked baggage service, nor is their red cap assistance.

There is a dedicated Downeaster Ticket Office that is funded by the NNERPA.

Questions, suggestions, etc about the services provided can be directed to the NNERPA at 207-773-2436.

Ken

The Downeaster trains are actually services of the Northern New England Rail Passenger Authority. Amtrak is the contracted operator.

These trains do not offer checked baggage service, nor is their red cap assistance.

There is a dedicated Downeaster Ticket Office that is funded by the NNERPA.

Questions, suggestions, etc about the services provided can be directed to the NNERPA at 207-773-2436.

Ken

Thanks for the response. That explains my question.

Back