Looking for a Comprehensive Schedule

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSC1109

OBS Chief
Hi y'all,

I'm working on a personal project of mine and I'm trying to find a comprehensive schedule for the Chicago Hub Network. I know Amtrak publishes all their schedules online but I'm looking for a listing that's in order of train number so I can see what's been used and what hasn't.

If anyone knows if such a listing exists, please let me know!!

Thanks,

-NSC1109

Other than for their terminal 'controller' or 'dispatcher' or whatever they call that job position, there is no reason to make that information public. Further, it is likely considered a 'sensitive' or even 'company confidential' document as it may be of use to terrorists, etc.

So, if you're looking to build a 'timetable' of all arrivals and departures at Chicago Union Station, you'll have to access each of the online timetables for Amtrak and Metra for those trains served by CUS and assemble it yourself.

A list of train numbers is in no way confidential, since that information is public anyway. However, you’re not likely to get a list of trains in train number order, because the practical public utility of such would be so low that it’s not likely Amtrak would publish it. So, best way to do that is to make one yourself by going to all of the route schedules, jotting the numbers down in Excel, then sorting.

While not in train number order, I recall that at least one copy of the System Timetable book (when it still existed) had a chart at the beginning of the Midwest section listing all Amtrak scheduled arrivals to and departures from Chicago in time order. As I recall, that feature didn't last, and the final book didn't have it.

Back