Amtrak Kudos

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judy Tee

Train Attendant
I am not sure that this is the best forum for this post but I wanted to give a shout out to some Amtrak staff. Last weekend, my family and I went to Chicago as a special celebration for my (big!) birthday. This was a first train ride for the 3 children. We boarded the 353 in Jackson just before noon and we quite surprised that they had set aside 6 seats together. Was not expecting that at all! The train was very clean although the bathrooms do get a little sketchy by the time you get to CHI. A few of us headed down to the dining car and ended up staying there for much of the ride to play Go Fish and Garbage. Tyrone was staffing the dining car and couldn't have been nicer. We really enjoyed chatting with him and he seemed to really enjoy his job. On the way back home on Sunday, we took #352 from Chicago. Got a great tour of the Met Lounge before departure. After letting the agent know we were a family of 6, she introduced us to Jose (?) who took us to the front of the line for loading and again helped us get seats together. The only grumpy Amtrak staff we encountered on our adventure was the dining room guy on the midday #352. Otherwise, all the staff we dealt with could not have been nicer and more helpful. So we thank you all for making a fun family gathering even more special. Is there a better way to make sure these folks are recognized by Amtrak for a job well done? TYIA

Done! Thanks for your help. I have to say though that the Amtrak website does not make it easy to do business with them! Arrrggghhhh.

Don't worry, I sometimes get confused how to find certain pages on Amtrak's official website myself! And that it takes a little searching(via the search engine/Julie part of Amtrak's website) or googling, to finally find some pdf(or whatever else) I'm trying to find. You aren't alone.

Don't worry, I sometimes get confused how to find certain pages on Amtrak's official website myself! And that it takes a little searching(via the search engine/Julie part of Amtrak's website) or googling, to finally find some pdf(or whatever else) I'm trying to find. You aren't alone.

Yes, and as for Julie....I'm not sure if it's my browser (Safari or Chrome) but she seems to 'get in the way' with no obvious way to close out that box when I don't want to talk to her.

Back