amtrak's double bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two bedrooms with a big metal partition that opens up facing each other. 2 couches, 2 chairs, 2 bathrooms and 4 beds. Expensive but is a suite of sorts. You can certainly buy one bedroom per person.

Bedrooms.jpg
Has anyone experienced the double bedroom? Impressions? Can it be booked for only 2? Thanks for any thoughts.
Me and the niece do that 8-times-a-year! We need our space, so we have our own bedroom, bath, etc. At bedtime, I close that wall til morning. Been doling that for years.

Last edited:
I can't count how many 50's movies have two people in two adjoining bedrooms, usually future love interests. And they were just ordinary folks, so always wondered how they got such luxurious digs on an office worker's salary. Of course would be much harder to film in roomettes, unless you are doing the famous upper berth scene in Some Like It Hot (YouTube it, you won't be disappointed). And yes, that's Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe.

Our SCA on the Ocean yesterday was giving a demonstration to a couple from the UK on how two bedrooms could be joined. They had been unimpressed with their current accommodation in a Renaissance sleeper and were looking for ways to improve the return trip. He explained that the best part was not having to climb into an upper berth (they were older, like us) and he also alluded to the "very nice room next door", which was ours.

Our SCA on the Ocean yesterday was giving a demonstration to a couple from the UK on how two bedrooms could be joined. They had been unimpressed with their current accommodation in a Renaissance sleeper and were looking for ways to improve the return trip. He explained that the best part was not having to climb into an upper berth (they were older, like us) and he also alluded to the "very nice room next door", which was ours.
I bet you were in the Large bedroom for Two in the Ocean's Park car - the drawing room. Very roomy and comfortable. I wish Amtrak had kept the cars that had drawing rooms.

Back