Parking at Stockton SKT station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParanoidAndroid

OBS Chief
How is the parking situation at the downtown Stockton station (this is the one on the Sacramento branch of the San Joaquin route, and where ACE stops)? I see two gated parking areas for the station, but how does the gate open to let cars in/out? I see that there's two parking lots right next to the platform, but one is accessible-only, and the other has a sign outside saying "permit parking only". How would a general customer (i.e. myself) park here to ride a train?

How is the parking situation at the downtown Stockton station (this is the one on the Sacramento branch of the San Joaquin route, and where ACE stops)? I see two gated parking areas for the station, but how does the gate open to let cars in/out? I see that there's two parking lots right next to the platform, but one is accessible-only, and the other has a sign outside saying "permit parking only". How would a general customer (i.e. myself) park here to ride a train?
I believe you are confusing the 2 Stockton Stations. The old SP Station is where ACE Trains between San Jose and Stockton stop, and the Old Santa Fe Station on the West Side is where the San Joaquin Trains call.

I believe you are confusing the 2 Stockton Stations. The old SP Station is where ACE Trains between San Jose and Stockton stop, and the Old Santa Fe Station on the West Side is where the San Joaquin Trains call.

San Joaquin trains that travel direct to/from Sacramento stop at the ACE (SP) station. San Joaquin trains that travel direct to/from Oakland stop at the Santa Fe station.

San Joaquin trains that travel direct to/from Sacramento stop at the ACE (SP) station. San Joaquin trains that travel direct to/from Oakland stop at the Santa Fe station.
Thanks for the update, when I rode last 2 years ago from Sacramento to Stockton, the San Joaquin Train stopped @ the old Santa Fe Station and I walked to the old SP Station through a mostly deserted China Town and a Ghost like downtown!

Back