Chicago Union Station Baggage Storage - where to find it

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uz1

Train Attendant
I have a 2 hour layover in Chicago where I would like to quickly find the location to store baggage.
I cannot find the location on the below url.
https://chicagounionstation.com/information/station-map

1. I am not on long distance trains. Using the Wolverine and Hiawatha. In the past I've used the Metropolitan Lounge, but I believe I do not qualify to store bags there. (Am I correct?)
2. On the url I saw that I can store bags for $10, but again, I'm not sure where to go. (Would I go by Baggage Claim on the Concourse level?)

When time is of the essence, I'd prefer not to spend the 2 hours wandering around aimlessly trying to find the baggage storage area.

https://chicagounionstation.com/information#baggage

Thanks for your help and sorry if this question was previously answered, I tried to search through prior threads for a discussion on this.

I believe the baggage storage is still in baggage claim. Just passed the Metropolitan Lounge, make a right down that hallway & it's on the left.

You can use the Metropolitan Lounge if you meet any of the following criteria:
  • Amtrak Guest Rewards members with a valid Select Plus or Select Executive member card.
  • Amtrak passengers with a same-day travel ticket (departure or arrival) in First Class or sleeping car accommodations.
  • Amtrak Business class passengers with a same-day travel ticket (departure or arrival) may use the lounges in Chicago, Los Angeles, Portland and St. Louis.
  • Complimentary Single-Visit Station Lounge Pass holders may access ClubAcela, Metropolitan Lounge and Unstaffed Lounge locations. Same-day travel ticket not needed.
  • Private car owners/lessee and party between time of arrival and departure specified in the reservation. Provide your reservation number to the Amtrak representative upon entry.
    • Due to space restrictions, private car owners and their groups are not permitted in the Los Angeles - Union Station Metropolitan Lounge.
  • United Club Members with a valid United Club Card are entitled to access ClubAcela and Metropolitan Lounge locations, and may bring in two guests or their spouses and children under the age of 21. United Global First or United BusinessFirst passengers with a flight coupon or boarding pass with a same-day, international segment in United Global First or United BusinessFirst are also entitled to ClubAcela access.
Additionally, you can buy access to the lounge & store your bags there for $25.

Wait...are United Club members allowed into the Metropolitan Lounge? I thought that was just the NEC clubs which were branded ClubAcela.

This must have been a very recent change.

Wait...are United Club members allowed into the Metropolitan Lounge? I thought that was just the NEC clubs which were branded ClubAcela.

This must have been a very recent change.

It would seem so, I copied that list from the Amtrak website.

peter

Back