Very minor annoyance (re platform access)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s really fun in Germany is to watch Americans used to Amtrak attempting to board. I’ve watched many Americans standing next to a closed door that’s Passenter operated for several minutes. Till a German walks up and gets on there or the train leaves. Whichever occurs first.
Wow, that is important to know! Thanks!

What’s really fun in Germany is to watch Americans used to Amtrak attempting to board. I’ve watched many Americans standing next to a closed door that’s Passenter operated for several minutes. Till a German walks up and gets on there or the train leaves. Whichever occurs first.

This happened to me in The UK in 1988. I was especially amazed at the cars where each compartment had its own opening door.

Lafayette LA (LFT) is one of the unmanned stations that was beefed up a few years ago.
Long time no see Pat. Hope all is well.

What’s really fun in Germany is to watch Americans used to Amtrak attempting to board.
If the people you saw were Amtrak regulars they would have been hesitant to enter the train or even the platform area without someone barking at them to get a move on.

Last edited:
Back