Talgo sues Wisconsin over unused train cars

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't Rush Limbough supposed to have already move to Costa Rica by now by his own fervent promises? What's he doing sitting here? :p
Well, he did leave Newspapers York City and moved to Florida! If you're moving to the Palm Beach Area hell be your neighbor!LOLAnd I guess Rick Scott, the current Florida Governor, isn't his cup of tea!

Edited: correct name of Florida's Gov.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisconsin does definitely have a problem with the Talgos but I am being a bit selfish since the money that was rejected will go to other states and Missouri is one of those states that has accepted high speed rail.

Thank you Wisconsin.

Wasn't Rush Limbough supposed to have already move to Costa Rica by now by his own fervent promises? What's he doing sitting here? :p
Well, he did leave New York City and moved to Florida! If you're moving to the Palm Beach Area hell be your neighbor!LOL

And I guess Scott Walker, the current Florida Governor, isn't his cup of tea!
No. I am not moving to Palm Beach area. ;)

Walker ran an incredibly misleading attack on a rail project that had been in the planning for many years, under both Republican and Democratic leadership in Madison. That is not to say Doyle made great choices either (one can certainly question the Talgo decision and the choices regarding the MSN station location). However, Walker simply said "Stop this train" rather than something more nuanced, like working with the feds to possibly improve the project. Only after the MKE-MSN Hiawatha extension was canceled did he make a last-minute attempt to seek funding for CHI-MKE improvements.

With a new Dem governor, things are looking a little better for the Hiawatha Corridor improvements. Extension of service beyond MILW-Madison is still a viable proposal since tracks are already in place and just need upgrading from Watertown-downtown Madison. Using self-propelled diesel trainsets like Brighline would allow quick upgrade of service without waiting for additional equipment from AMTRAK. Bringing in a private operator like Virgin Rail would also speed up this program.

With a new Dem governor, things are looking a little better for the Hiawatha Corridor improvements. Extension of service beyond MILW-Madison is still a viable proposal since tracks are already in place and just need upgrading from Watertown-downtown Madison. Using self-propelled diesel trainsets like Brighline would allow quick upgrade of service without waiting for additional equipment from AMTRAK. Bringing in a private operator like Virgin Rail would also speed up this program.

I’m skeptical of any company that was blocked from being a TOC in Britain...

I’m skeptical of any company that was blocked from being a TOC in Britain...

VTUSA has nothing to do at all with VTEC in the UK or Virgin Trains in the UK, except the word Virgin and Branson being an advertising monkey.

So any concern regarding corporate governance based on those British companies which is majority owned and operated by Stagecoach, someone other than Branson’s Virgin Group is misplaced.

Furthermore the US company is also majority owned and operated by FECI -> Fortress Group -> Softbank, and not Branson or Virgin anything [emoji57]

So it is time to understand what the actual corporate relationships are rather than being guided purely by names and branding. Unfortunately because the Virgin brand has marketing value, it has become a primary product for monetizing through franchising the name, for Branson and Virgin Group.

And even if Stagecoach were involved, the issues in the UK were very UK-specific as far as I can tell (they were blocked over issues relating to pension obligations...the Rail Regulator wanted them to make a greater commitment to possible pension obligations and they pushed back).

Back