What is this Heritage Pullman I saw in St. Louis this morning?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdumont

TRAINS, AMTRAK and TESLAS! I'm colorful, not crazy
AU Supporting Member
The Great (and may I add) sovereign State of Texas
Was on the Northbound Eagle this AM, and sitting across the platform was an Amtrak heritage coach (I think, could only see the end), and this silver with red trimmed red car labeled "PULLMAN" on one end, and in the middle "FRISCO" and "CIMARRON RIVER". Appeared to be a heritage pullman, and from what I could see in the windows, was sleeper equipped, roomettes and bedrooms. I can't seem to post a jpeg here, but would love to know what train that is, and can I get a ride on it? I much preferred the old roomettes with the bull down bunk and individual head.
We are presently zipping along North of Alton, light overcast, warm, and my daughter is enjoying her first LD Amtrak ride. (She is 43 going on 16).

Attachments

• STL PULLMAN.jpg
    STL PULLMAN.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 41
Was on the Northbound Eagle this AM, and sitting across the platform was an Amtrak heritage coach (I think, could only see the end), and this silver with red trimmed red car labeled "PULLMAN" on one end, and in the middle "FRISCO" and "CIMARRON RIVER". Appeared to be a heritage pullman, and from what I could see in the windows, was sleeper equipped, roomettes and bedrooms. I can't seem to post a jpeg here, but would love to know what train that is, and can I get a ride on it? I much preferred the old roomettes with the bull down bunk and individual head.
We are presently zipping along North of Alton, light overcast, warm, and my daughter is enjoying her first LD Amtrak ride. (She is 43 going on 16).

Google is your friend. Search "cimarron river railroad car" and you will learn everything you need to know, including when you can lease it or ride it on excursions.

Back in 2011, while we were at the change-of-engine layover at DC, there was a very nice looking car with polished brass trim parked on the tracks. It was not connected to anything at the time but did have a small sign hung on a braided rope that said "Private Coach". The car was very, very nice looking.

I wish I would have taken some pictures but I did not have my camera with me - and the phone I had back then did not have a camera.

Back in 2011, while we were at the change-of-engine layover at DC, there was a very nice looking car with polished brass trim parked on the tracks. It was not connected to anything at the time but did have a small sign hung on a braided rope that said "Private Coach". The car was very, very nice looking.

I wish I would have taken some pictures but I did not have my camera with me - and the phone I had back then did not have a camera.

If you can describe the paint I can identify the car for you.

Since it was quite a number of years ago and I do not have any pictures (that I know of) I do not remember the details

I will look thru my pics of that trip and see if I actually do have one.

You can view a rogue's gallery of private railroad cars at aaprco dot com. Perhaps you can identify what you saw from these mug shots.

Not all cars are there. All of my usual clients are no longer listed. But here would be my guesses for DC.

DC based, or formerly DC based.
Cannon Ball (used to be based in DC parked on 9): Blueish, cream office car.

Dover Harbor: Green Pullman based on 30

Colonial Crafts: Ex Pennsylvania lightweight sleeper lounge (now in Philly).

Salisbury Beach: Boston & Maine Sleeper (now in Philly)

Regular visitors.

Braddock Inn: Pennsylvania Railroad former Sleeper. (I have tons of pictures of this car)

NYC 38: Stainless tavern lounge. (I have tons of pictures of this car).

Dearing: Greenish office car.

San Marino: Redish office car.

And those are the regulars. There are plenty of possibilities on non local or regular cars.

I thought that I had not taken any pics of that car ... glad I was wrong

I will have to look thru those pics again and see if I have any of the engine change at DC

That’s the Dover Harbor. It’s a heavyweight sleeper lounge. I believe it’s the oldest PV in active service.

And it takes regular trips around the East attached to Amtrak trains. (OK, not so many now as in the Good Ol' Days.) Book your journey thru doverharbor dot com.

Back