Silver Star into NYP

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winecliff Station

Service Attendant
What has been your experience with timeliness of the SS coming into Penn Station? The Amtrak site won't let me book a shorter connection with Empire than 2 hours even though one exists. I may just separate the trips because I have a 10 trip from NYP-RHI, but that doesn't help with my husband's ticket and we're coming into NYP in a bedroom.

They won't do the guaranteed connection because of the potential for lateness and them being on the hook for your transportation or overnight. If your train is early enough, the lounge folks or customer service may be able to switch you to an earlier train if it has enough space available. I've done that on a CL to NER in Washington a couple of times.

They won't do the guaranteed connection because of the potential for lateness and them being on the hook for your transportation or overnight. If your train is early enough, the lounge folks or customer service may be able to switch you to an earlier train if it has enough space available. I've done that on a CL to NER in Washington a couple of times.

That's a good idea, thanks...it's the end of a holiday weekend so the majority of travelers will be heading the opposite way, into NYP from upstate, making the Empire trains pretty empty.

97_NYP.png
What has been your experience with timeliness of the SS coming into Penn Station? The Amtrak site won't let me book a shorter connection with Empire than 2 hours even though one exists. I may just separate the trips because I have a 10 trip from NYP-RHI, but that doesn't help with my husband's ticket and we're coming into NYP in a bedroom.
Here ya go....about 1 hr, 45 min late on average since May 1st.

https://juckins.net/amtrak_status/archive/html/historychart.php?train_num=92&station=nyp&date_start=05/01/2019&date_end=08/10/2019&sort=d_ar&chartsize=2&smooth=0

Back