Chief #4 (8/4/19 with deadhead Metrolink cars)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone needs to note car numbers . Then those in the know will need to determine if these first cars were parked due to out of service reasons. Otherwise there may be a shortage of cars?

Funny, refurbishment? From what I’ve seen out here in Los Angeles all the old white metro lynk cars seem to be discontinued for the new all silver ones...
As far as car numbers it was kind of fast as we were in the siding waiting for the eastbound chief to pasd and we were f surprised by seeing ,
First the 3 amtrak engines ..and then the 4 white metro lynk cars didn’t even think of getting the numbers....

Funny, refurbishment? From what I’ve seen out here in Los Angeles all the old white metro lynk cars seem to be discontinued for the new all silver ones...
As far as car numbers it was kind of fast as we were in the siding waiting for the eastbound chief to pasd and we were f surprised by seeing ,
First the 3 amtrak engines ..and then the 4 white metro lynk cars didn’t even think of getting the numbers....

The bombardier cars, the "old white Metrolink" cars are still around and used along with the Hyuandai Rotem cars, the "new all silver ones." I personally sit in the bombardier cars because its much more comfortable than they Rotem Cars.

Back