Will LD on time be changing?..

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea what the "outcome" was and what was in question.

But I doubt anything can change how Amtrak operates.

I just got back from a week-long vacation where I was not consuming any news. Was there a SCOTUS decision that impacts Amtrak and what was it?
Not sure what the legal aspects are myself. I do know the appellate court ruled in favor of Amtrak having something to do with their right to on time schedules. It was then supposed to go to US Supreme Court for final ruling. They elected not to hear the case which if I understand right is a win for Amtrak. I just not sure what this does in actuality for us who are avid LD riders.
Hoping some here that knows more with give some opinion.

Not sure what the legal aspects are myself. I do know the appellate court ruled in favor of Amtrak having something to do with their right to on time schedules. It was then supposed to go to US Supreme Court for final ruling. They elected not to hear the case which if I understand right is a win for Amtrak. I just not sure what this does in actuality for us who are avid LD riders.
Hoping some here that knows more with give some opinion.

In that scenario, the decision of the lower court stands. But expect this White House to tell all parties concerned to ignore the court, their ruling, and common sense. The White House demonstrates weekly they believe their opinions are the only ones that count. They ignore court rulings, subpoenas, and common sense regularly -- then try to paint themselves as "victims."

This will likely wind up stalled in further court proceedings, even though the highest court in the land has already ruled. Welcome to Trump World.

The freight railroads are already behaving better since the ruling. Regardless of the administration, they're worried about losing court cases and paying damages now, so the word seems to have gone down to follow the law more often.

Back