Britain's NEW high speed train: The AZUMA!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t the Azumas i.e. Class 80x been running for more than a year now with Great Western? Admittedly LNER deployed them in commercial service recently.

I was not aware of that. Fact is, I am not much interested in "rolling stock" as such, but just followed the "New Train" blurb on the thumbnail, together with the upload date. Anyway, it shows what some "newish" UK trains look like! :D

ED.

Paul is a nice guy, and his videos are fun to watch, but some of his reviews seem to suffer from recency bias and pendulum logic. When I mentioned some confusing inconsistencies in one of his videos he said I was taking his "hobby project" a bit too seriously, which sounded like a fair point at the time, but a couple weeks later he informed us that his review channel was a full time job. o_O

Last edited:
I was not aware of that. Fact is, I am not much interested in "rolling stock" as such, but just followed the "New Train" blurb on the thumbnail, together with the upload date. Anyway, it shows what some "newish" UK trains look like! :D

ED.

Actually they have been running on GWR since 2017. LNER was having issues of interference with signaling circuits on the ECML which prevented them from using them as planned in mid to late 2018. They were finally able to use them only upto York and Leeds. They are still awaiting permission to use them to Scotland the last I recall. Should happen soon though if not already.

Back