How is Roomette room 6 on the Viewliner Train?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbyrdleroydogg

Train Attendant
I recently switched days on my trip and while I had room 11 on the old train, I have room 6 now. Can I expect a smoother ride? Should I not be sandwiched between rooms 4 and 8? Should I expect a lot off noise? This train leaves on Saturday evening from Chicago at 9:30pm and gets int NYC at 6:35 on Sunday btw.

In my opinion, room 6 is in a better (smoother ride) location than room 11, which may be over the trucks.

Generally Roomettes are pretty quite if you have your door closed. I have spent about a dozen nights in them and I am a light sleeper and I can't recall an issue with a noisy neighbor. I am sure it can happen, but you should be fine.

Jim

You're obviously on the LSL so it will help if you're on the (I believe) 4812 car. That's the last sleeper in the consist and there is nothing behind it except the baggage car.

Roomette 6 is fine--it's away from the coffee pot (if they do coffee on the LSL?) and shower room, and a smooth ride because it's more or less in the middle of the car. Should be quiet--everyone should want to go to sleep soon after boarding since you start out so late.

We just were in roomette # 6 on the Crescent this week and it was as good as any I have been on. The trip was a surprisingly smooth ride.

Back