Penn Station Food

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Penn Wine and Spirits? Oh no! Where will I get my happy hour wine for short stays in Club Acela and for Empire 237 to Rhinecliff (which has NO cafe car service, or I'd gladly pay Amtrak for the wine instead)

And Tracks! Last month before I knew about it, I took the last Empire at 10:45pm, Club Acela was closed so I was desperate, went to TGIF. They had a sign out front advertising specials, then when I asked for a menu they said the kitchen was closed. So I asked for a piece of red velvet cake, they repeated that the kitchen was closed.... I said, I'm not asking you to bake me a fresh piece of cake, just a slice that's already made They said they can't even get into the kitchen. I told them they might want to take the sign in from the station lobby.

I can't find it on Google Maps (and unfortunately can't remember the name of it either), if you have time to walk over to the corner of 8th/36th there is one of those food shops you see all over Manhattan, where you can get a wide selection of made to order takeout options, hot bar and dessert items etc. Was just there at the end of May. Economical and good.

Back