steamed mussels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are very good and are a good option if you want a lighter lunch. On a recent trip on the Crescent I noticed that the portion size was noticeably smaller than what I had on two occasions on the Southwest Chief last year.

Mussels, I love them. But, it seems like not that long ago ( time flys) when I'd see warning signs about not eating Mussels certain times of the year, I would see them attached to docks and wonder who would ever eat them.

Disappointed in this thread. After reading the title, I thought some mussels were steamed at their SCA or at Amtrak for some poor service or meals or whatever. If figured, if we could get the sea creatures on our side, we'd be able to convince congress to do something. Instead, we have a bunch of people cannibalizing fellow creatures and thus turning them against us.
:)

Disappointed in this thread. After reading the title, I thought some mussels were steamed at their SCA or at Amtrak for some poor service or meals or whatever. If figured, if we could get the sea creatures on our side, we'd be able to convince congress to do something. Instead, we have a bunch of people cannibalizing fellow creatures and thus turning them against us.
:)

I got my hopes up too. Mussels with Muscles could be a great help for the cause.

I got my hopes up too. Mussels with Muscles could be a great help for the cause.
There is a popular cafe in the town I live in that is named The Mussel Bar. Punny name and mediocre mussels. Over-priced beers and ales add to the mediocrity. And I really like a good dish of well prepared mussels.

There is a popular cafe in the town I live in that is named The Mussel Bar. Punny name and mediocre mussels. Over-priced beers and ales add to the mediocrity. And I really like a good dish of well prepared mussels.

Mussels don’t really intrigue me. Just the pun did, as bad as it was. I’ve had plenty of opportunities to try them on the train and just didn’t.

Back