Schenectady Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmrl

Train Attendant
Did the Schenectady Station every get rebuilt? I have been looking through a whole bunch of pages and I can not find if it ever was finished. I see on Google Maps that it has been started, but there is no indication when those pictures were taken.

I might be transferring there mid summer and I am pre-planning my trip.

Jim

A friend did a RT to/from there; she and her brother went into the station - they both said it looks gorgeous now! And they said it was safer, dry and warmer than it was before.

When I passed through there by train a few weeks back, I was a little disappointed.

By the photos I had seen with the tall dome, I thought it was built to include a covering over the tracks (like it is in MKE). But the platform is still open.

When I passed through there by train a few weeks back, I was a little disappointed.

By the photos I had seen with the tall dome, I thought it was built to include a covering over the tracks (like it is in MKE). But the platform is still open.
What tall dome photo did you see? AFAIK, there never was any plan in the CDTA project to do anything with platform covering beyond fixing up the existing stuff.

Back