They Moved Me!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only issue with the transdorm on the Eagle right now is on most trains they’ve deleted the baggage car and are utilizing the coach/baggage for checked luggage. So the transdorm is right behind the engine. Let us know how the noise is please.
I usually run a 10-hr recording of interior sounds ("clickity-clack", horn, crossing bells, etc) including an occasional voice (muffled) walking by from inside a sleeper when I go to bed. So the real life audio would probably knock me right out.

I was only in a transdorm roomette once - I liked it a LOT. Very quiet and private, I slept great and enjoyed the ride even more than I usually do. Got to see more too, the roomette across from me was always open during the day with the curtains wide open.

Last edited:
Nothing insulted me more than a bribe (yes, a bribe) handed to me before I had even opened my mouth to greet someone.

First of all, how dare you think I'm not going to provide excellent customer service unless you grease my palm.

Second, I'm not going to treat you better than anyone else simply because you chose to insult me with a bribe. Why should I treat you any better than the lovely couple in the other room? Because you gave me money at the beginning of the trip instead of the end? What an entitled attitude.

Third, giving someone money before they perform their service is not a guarantee they will provide excellent service. Hey, thanks for the $20. Now I can provide basic service for the rest of the trip because what are you going to do about it? Chase me down and say, "Hey, I gave you $20 to ensure I receive good service," and I'm going to inform you I'm not obligated to do any more than what's required of me, but thanks for the $20. This is why you always tip at the END of the trip. I don't even pre-tip delivery drivers. If they show up with a crushed pizza box and say they forgot my soda, it's not like I can take my $5 back.

I don't even pre-tip delivery drivers. If they show up with a crushed pizza box and say they forgot my soda, it's not like I can take my $5 back.[/QUOTE

Thanks for this thought! I truly never considered this. My pizza restaurant has always been excellent in their delivery and I find pre-tipping is more convenient than fumbling for cash when my order arrives. I need to re-think what I do in this situation.

We are in room 20 Capital Ltd. on upcoming trip. In all my Amtrak travels, first time in transdorm.

Back