Two PPC's saved by Steam Railroading Institute

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Steam Railroading Institute, owners of PM 1225, have purchased two Pacific Parlor Cars, one of them being 39975 Williamette Valley (confirmed by Trains) and the other rumored to be 39970 Columbia Valley.

These cars will be leaving Beech Grove "shortly" according to the SRI spokesman and will make their way to Owosso via freight train. There haven't been any details regarding repairs or changes, but SRI hopes to have them in service in time for the annual Fall Color Tours and the October 5th 1225 excursion from Mt. Pleasant. They will also be utilized on the yearly North Pole Express trips for passengers 18+.

Well it been over 30 days and all the Pacific Parlor Cars are still sitting at Beech Grove (As of today). I guess there might be something afoot. The cars have been to the south side of the building and have a fresh coat of spray paint on them. Unfortunately the graffiti art probably will delay there entry into service on the SRI.

Well it been over 30 days and all the Pacific Parlor Cars are still sitting at Beech Grove (As of today). I guess there might be something afoot. The cars have been to the south side of the building and have a fresh coat of spray paint on them. Unfortunately the graffiti art probably will delay there entry into service on the SRI.

Haven’t heard any updates either, but my guess is they’re trying to work out the routing and payments for moving them.

Would
Agreed about the office car. However, in a perfect world the CEO and management could and probably should just stay in a normal revenue bedroom and eat in the dining car to truly see what’s going on. Gunn did it, I’m sure Boardman did on occasion too when he wasn’t enjoying a ride as a train buff in the office car.

Anderson no way in ... , he probably feels it’s beneath him.
This is where it really hurts to have a CEO so disinterested in railroading. He or Gardner will never have their fingers on the pulse of Amtrak or ridership.

A
Wouldn't be surprised if Anderson sells the office cars, and buys a Gulfstream to replace them...:rolleyes:

Back