Recommendations PVD–BOS MBTA Parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daybeers

Conductor
Hi AUers!

My best friend and I are going to see our favorite band, Muse, on April 10th at TD Garden in Boston. We're absolutely stoked. I'm coming from Hartford by bus and my friend will be coming late morning from the Warwick, RI area. I was hoping someone could give a recommendation on the best combination of driving & parking and then commuter rail to get into Boston. He lives about a five minute drive from the T.F. Green Airport station, but the Providence/Stoughton Line doesn't run as frequently there as it does to Providence, which takes about 15 minutes by car. The parking fees at both of these locations is high, so he is willing to drive part way and take the commuter rail the rest of the way to save a little bit of money.

I will be going back with him to stay the night and then finally traveling the only portion of the NEC I haven't been on: BOS–NHV! I'm quite excited for the scenery :)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I’d drive to either Providence Station or the South Attleboro T station. I-95 in R.I. is always busy, but late morning won’t be as bad as peak rush hour.
If your friend wants to take parking and I-95 traffic out of the equation, there are several RIPTA lines from Warwick to Kennedy Plaza in downtown Providence, a short walk from the train station.

Back