Amtrak Online Store

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike G

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
About 6 weeks ago I visited the Amtrak online store after reading about it in a thread and purchased a few Items. I returned a couple weeks later and made a 2nd order. There were 3 ½ pages of merchandise. Today I returned and there was only 1 page of basically picked over items. I read on 1 thread about perhaps a new store opening in Chicago Union Station. My experience has been extremely favorable receiving my item in 2 days from Staples in Kansas City by UPS.

Did I over look this on a thread ?

Is the online store being discontinue ?

Is Amtrak changing venders ?

It looks like there's still quite a few items available here: https://store.amtrak.com/productlist.aspx?did=20173

I haven't heard of any change of vendors or the online store being discontinued. In fact, I've seen Amtrak's social media pages link to it from time to time. I'd imagine Amtrak has no desire to discontinue it - most of the items appear to be shipped direct from the vendor's warehouse, and they still need to keep a vendor for uniforms and such. Likely the online store piggy backs off of the contract for that.

Actually, there is a gentleman I’ve been taking to in Amtrak marketing in Philadelphia who has told me that the online store will be adding product soon. He didn’t define a timeline but keep checking.

So how do you check out? I can add to the cart but there appears to be no place to pay.

The store at Chicago Union Station has been open and closed quite a few times.

It usually is issues with the way purchases are made, and where the money goes to...

I was on the online store lat last night and it was the format I was custom to the other 4 or 5 times I visited. Perhaps a portion of the site was down causing me start this thread. What I do find humous, maybe board line aggravating is when I checkout I alway have to reset my password. I use aviation terms for the hell of it and last night: NRTclimbpower162, and CriititalFeildLength3150 and both they were taken HaHaHa !!! I use Safari and other than password I haven’t hand any problems.

Back