Persian 1st Class train ride...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. That was a nice falafel sandwich! The 4 berth compartment reminds me of a similar one on the Trans-Siberian, but the Iranian one is much more modern. And the Iranian toilet was much cleaner, but it was at the beginning of the trip... 2nd Class toilets on the Trans-Sib are horrific. Or were on my two trips. I have a feeling getting people to actually do the cleaning en route is less of a problem in Iran, but that is just a guess.
I love train travel but I have to admit that I probably wouldn't be using a camera so obviously in Iran. Probably my American anti-Iranian programming kicking in. I took Khameni seriously when he said, "All Americans are savages."
I would love to travel in Iran, the food can be great. Polo, Tahdig or Sabzi Khordan, maybe buy some smoked fish at one of the stops, but make sure you dispose of the fish remnants outside the compartment! LOL!
Excellent trip!

I've subscribed to this guy's Youtube channel for a year or so. He does visit some interesting places, often involving train trips. Difficult to do, as a solo traveller, in countries where English is rarely spoken or understood. His 2018 North Korea trip was very interesting. And included a train trip (2nd class) between North Korea and China.

Back