Train Jam 2019: CZ (5) March 14-16, 2019

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
987 ML as of a few moments ago.

Commendation is owed the trip sponsor, Ms. Minatour, for keeping the lid on things, and the "Happy Tweets" that have been sent.

Hopefully, the passengers will accept that the weather has indeed been adverse. They likely have no knowledge of the New Haven's long time slogan "Center to Center All Weather Service".

0F6582BF-A68A-4FB7-B66B-F5C8486E0BE3.png I was tracking the progress of Train Jam on transitdocs, and zoomed in on its location about half way between Salt Lake City and Elko, and noticed this track configuration. Never noticed it before. Does anyone know if it is known by any distinctive name? Thanks!

1077ML as of a few moments ago, says Train Status.

For myself. I know I would have bailed out by now; maybe even as early as Denver. But, haven't always been, I'm in the "one night's enough" fraternity.

From reviewing the sponsor's promotional material, they wisely marketed this trip as an experience featuring "indoor camping". Anyone such as myself, whose idea of camping is at "Camp Hilton", had best stay away.

And FINALLY, #5(14) arrived EMY 1154A 1177ML.

I think that is Arnold Loop.

Yes, indeed, that is Arnold Loop in eastern Nevada. Both track approaches pass beneath I-80 in that vicinity. I don’t believe the curve itself is visible fron the interstate.

I'd be interested in reading the usual recap from Just-Thinking51 and/or reading a review from MsMinotaur.

How did the passengers hold up and kill the extra time? Was there enough food?

I'm looking forward to seeing the games. Did anyone play Relax Frog to keep themselves occupied? :cool:

I want to know what happened to the Hotel power on one of the coaches.

Ms. Minotaur is biking down to LA (10 days) after the conference. So she will not be available for a few more days. https://www.gofundme.com/biking-sf-to-la-for-environmental-awareness

The recap from Twitter seem that Twitter is not as popular as it was a few years ago.

Seem most were very happy about a daylight run on the salt flats. The lack of power to one coach was handled well. Lots of green glow stick in use. There was a great deal of mentoring and networking so the extra 20 hours seem to handle well.

Biggest negative was some coach seat we’re still available near departure. Some people canceled, but not sure they sold out of coach early. 2 Sleeper and 1 transdorm were filled. Need to fill that last car platform spot with a full sleeper. Swapping out the bagged car for a Coach/Bagged while a great idea, may not be worth it at this time.

Special thanks to Amtrak for finding a inflatable pretzel. Not sure of the meaning but it seem a comfort food of Ms. Minotaur that made her day.

Back