Any Luck Getting the AGR Credit Card Fee Waived?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertflyer

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I'm curious if anyone has had luck getting the $79 annual fee waived? Since this is my only account with Bank of America, I don't have much experience negotiating the fee with them. For years I got Barclays to waive their $100 annual fee on my American Airlines card. I've had luck with some other cards too.

FWIW I just tried and didn't have any luck.

You know you get an immediate $100 statement credit when you sign up, right? So you’re ahead by $21 right out of the gate.

And how common is it for huge companies to just waive annual card fees? I don’t see why they would be too enthralled by the idea of missing out on revenue from a new customer just for the sake of it. :wacko:

Thanks for the comments guys. I am aware of the free card. It's not actually uncommon to get annual fees waived if you ask, but some cards are better than others in this regard. See similar topics over at Flyertalk, for example.

I tried to get the annual fee waived for my Amtrak card once and was unsuccessful. I actually had better luck once in getting a portion of a finance charge credited back for an extremely long hold time.

I've never had any luck with BoA waiving AFs. Other issuers yes, but not BoA. I'll be trying when it comes up for renewal in a few months, though.

You know you get an immediate $100 statement credit when you sign up, right? So you’re ahead by $21 right out of the gate.

And how common is it for huge companies to just waive annual card fees? I don’t see why they would be too enthralled by the idea of missing out on revenue from a new customer just for the sake of it. :wacko:

I have looked up but don’t see any mention of a $100 statement credit. Was it a limited time offer?

Back