Late Train Cancellation rules?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julie-on-line says no-fee cancellation if your train is 2+ hours late (LD) or 1+ hours late if not. She then points you to pages with more info but I can find nothing on those pages that mentions those rules. Can anyone provide me with a page that states the rule when a train is late?

Thanks.

Refund Restrictions and Late TrainsThe above restrictions and fees will not apply to refunds requested by passengers who chose not to travel due to a long distance train being two or more hours late or a corridor train being one or more hours late 

https://assistive.amtrak.com/h5/assistive/r/www.amtrak.com/planning-booking/changes-refunds/refund-and-cancellation-policy.html
I read that page multiple times before posting. I found nothing.

I read that page multiple times after your posting and still found nothing.

I used Firefox search feature to find the word "late" and it found three places where the word "late" was. None of them applied. Where on that page is it?

Same here, but I noticed something as I was reading through it: what's the advantage/point to choosing an eVoucher over a refund? It was so great when eVouchers had no fee but refunds did, as you could just use it within a year and you'd be fine, or fudge it by booking a trip, canceling it, and the clock resets to a year. Now the only advantage I see is you're able to get value on an eVoucher for a sleeper reservation less than 15 days before departure, whereas a refund is not possible. Typo?

The whole reason for store credit/vouchers of this type is to have the customer return to the company and usually pay more money when using the credit. Why is Amtrak giving up on this opportunity?

Same here, but I noticed something as I was reading through it: what's the advantage/point to choosing an eVoucher over a refund? It was so great when eVouchers had no fee but refunds did, as you could just use it within a year and you'd be fine, or fudge it by booking a trip, canceling it, and the clock resets to a year. Now the only advantage I see is you're able to get value on an eVoucher for a sleeper reservation less than 15 days before departure, whereas a refund is not possible. Typo?

The whole reason for store credit/vouchers of this type is to have the customer return to the company and usually pay more money when using the credit. Why is Amtrak giving up on this opportunity?
Because Mr. Anderson is a fool.  Really no other explanation.  He's left no incentive for customers to leave their money with Amtrak.

Back