Following Anniversary Engine #145

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak #5(09) is being led west by 145. It came through Agency about twenty minutes late with a nice salute from the engineer. There are also three private cars on the end.

AMTK 145 is leading Amtrak #6(12) to Chicago today. I saw it come through Agency, Iowa just under an hour and a half late.

Last edited by a moderator:
AMTK 145 is heading back west for another round of leading the California Zephyr. Amtrak #5(15) was about five minutes late when it came through Agency, Iowa.

I saw Amtrak #6(25) come through Agency, Iowa today running two and a half hours late with AMTK 145 as its second unit. There were also three private cars on the end of this California Zephyr returning from a National Railway Historical Society convention in Denver.

AMTK 145 is leading Amtrak #6(13) to Chicago today with AMTK 822 as the other engine. This eastbound California Zephyr was just over five hours late at Agency, Iowa.

I caught AMTK 145 leading the westbound California Zephyr at Agency, Iowa this evening. Amtrak #5(31) was running right on time.

AMTK 145 is leading Amtrak #6(13) to Chicago today with AMTK 822 as the other engine. This eastbound California Zephyr was just over five hours late at Agency, Iowa.

First time I've seen locomotives running back-to-back on the CZ in a long time. Good catch, Agent!

AMTK 145 is going back west leading Amtrak #5(06). The train was on time at Agency, Iowa. It met #6(04) west of Ottumwa.

Amtrak #6(09) with AMTK 145 leading was fifty minutes late at Agency, Iowa today. Nice engineer on this California Zephyr.

145 is taking another round on the California Zephyr. Amtrak #5(12) sped westward through Agency, Iowa about eleven minutes late.

145 is heading back east on Amtrak #6(25) after an extended stay in California. This California Zephyr was about half an hour late at Agency, Iowa.

145 is heading back west on Amtrak #5(28), but it is the second unit now. The California Zephyr was on time at Agency, Iowa.

Amtrak #6(01) brought 145 through Agency, Iowa today as its second unit. This eastbound California Zephyr was over an hour and a half late. It had a nice engineer too.

AMTK 145 led Amtrak #6(07) through Ottumwa, Iowa today. This eastbound California Zephyr left the station over two and a half hours late.

And I was able to capture this image of 6(7) at Glenwood Springs, Colorado, running about one hour late on 8 May.

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1494481094.013091.jpg

AMTK 145 is the second unit on Amtrak #6(09). This Chicago-bound Zephyr was close to an hour and twenty minutes late when it passed Agency, Iowa.

Amtrak #6(15) was thirty-five minutes late when it passed Agency, Iowa this morning. 145 is still second out.

Back